Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A brother for Life

My younger brother, Saujas is a very important part of our family. He is lively, bright ,talkative and very naughty and I am the complete opposite. The name saujas means full of energy and to my mothers uttermost dismay he completely lives up to it. I have mixed feelings towards my little brother and I think he does too. Deep inside we both adore each other but on the outside we act as if we hate each other. Our relationship is the perfect example of sibling rivalry. He is always hitting me and fighting with me. He also goes around snooping through all my drawers and papers as if its his job to spy on me. Hes 7 and im 13 so there is a 6 years gap between us ,which is a lot. My mother's constantly nagging me to teach him and help him but we are hardly ever on talking terms with each other. I like talking to him and playing with him but somehow that hardly ever happens. But out of all the memories that I have of him the ones that stand out the most are the times he has come up to me to tell me that he loves me or to hug or kiss me for absolutely no reason. Whenever people see my little brother they go like “oh! So sweet!” or “oh! So cute” and I tell them to try living with him.But its hard to even imagine life without this young and playful soul. He makes me look at people , the world and life in a completely different perspective. His ideas and aspirations and especially his intellect never fail to inspire and astonish me. So, even though life with him is hardly bearable, life without him would be unbearable.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect brother!
    Hmm...I think, if I remember correctly, Mini & Mamata bua had similar thoughts about your dad.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete